1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Residential Lawn Tractor

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by buyingnow, Nov 29, 2005.

1. buyingnow

buyingnow LawnSite Member

I have about an acre lot that I recently purchased. The lot is about half wooded, with trees approximately 10' to 20' apart, and half is lawn that is to be mowed all the time. I plan to mow the lawn all of the time and to mulch around the tree areas every 3 times I mow.

I have started to look at lawn tractors with 18" turning radius and I think that is going to be sufficient for my needs. Specifically, I have found a John Deere L111 (20 hp B&S ohv w/ 42" deck) for $1599 with a bag thrown in for free. I have used walk behind Lesco's and that sort of mower before when I mowed commercially and know they are good mowers, but I don't think I need that sort of thing for one yard. Let me know if you have any suggestions or comments.
  2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

A JD L series mower would work very well for your yard. Also if you can take a look at Cub Cadet and Husqvarna. They offer a lot for your money and are just as good as the Deere probibly for less money.
  3. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

a simplicity regent would work great for you
  4. kirk brown

kirk brown LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

it would probably be a good choice for your yard.
    if there throwing in the bag to then sure,why not.
  5. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

go with the JD there are nice machines IMO.