Residential mowing prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Denlinger326, Aug 14, 2013.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Where do you live because I want to move to where I can get $80 for 3/4 acre and $100 for 1 acre. I would be rolling in the money.

2. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Holy crap. I just picked up a $40 weekly cut with a grass area that would completely fit in that driveway.

It's not just "regional" either. It varies within "cities" as well.
    That $40 job I just mentioned would be a $20 job just a few blocks away.

3. Tunica

Tunica LawnSite Member

I'm just glad new home construction is starting to pickup, now those ******** can go back to framing and concrete work around here.

4. OakNut

Haha!

Here's my new $40 property! :D

Small Lot.jpg

5. ProStreetCamaro

LOL your not kidding that is tiny. Here is what the same property would bring around here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  6. OakNut

Haha!

Here's the $25 one I do just around the corner...

That narrow, "L" shaped area is just the strip of grass between the street and the sidewalk. It's less than two 21" mower widths wide.

Small Lawn 2.jpg

7. OakNut

And here's my smallest "lawn" - another $25 cut.

Two patches of grass about 4 mower widths deep split by a sidewalk in the middle.
    Oh, there's also that strip of grass along the curb by the two parked cars! LOL

I don't go out of my way for a job like this, but it's directly between two other existing jobs, so why not?

Small Lawn 3.jpg

8. ProStreetCamaro

Here is a $30 lawn. This is an updated picture from this spring. You can see the stripes from space lol

[​IMG]

9. JimsLocalLawn

JimsLocalLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I actually don't live too far away from Oaknut! He is right about the prices, some area's I get $40 for .25 acres while others won't pay anything pass $25 because they get bombarded with flyers for $20 cuts!

I think the difference is these "big outfits" can't get their "big trailers" in neighborhoods like this. They also almost always exclusively use big zero turns - so the clients just expect to pay more.

I swear (out here at least) the bigger equipment you run the less you charge. I get calls all the time for $60 per acre and I can easily get $30-$40 on these tiny lawns..... makes no sense!

I do a lawn that is literally 6 feet by 10 feet, I charge $25 and takes maybe 30 seconds? His yard consist of a pool and the walkway to it - LOL. But since $25 is my minimum and I bag it...he is all too happy to pay me. Last time I was there he got me a cheesecake from the cheesecake factory!

10. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

There are a lot of factors in just stating prices.

Pro street-looks like your lawns are pretty big but wide. Open. You could get 2 mowers on them and be done in no time.

Others are posting small lawns that are best suited. With a push mower.

For me my average across the board is $38. A high of 100 and low of 25. Plus some of those are mow blow go while others are full service with time spent in the landscape beds.