Residential mowing prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Denlinger326, Aug 14, 2013.

1. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

Sounds like around here. LOL

I pass 30 to 40 per day easy. Anyone considering this business now is crazy.

Dave.

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

We don't do app's. Not licensed for that. We don't do hardscapes like patios and walls. We do everything else. Our own customers tend to get others to do landscape work because others do it cheaper. We charge 60 a yard installed and that includes everything like bed edges and trimming bushs etc etc. But nooooooo we charge to much for that stuff so even loyal customer's go elsewhere for landscaping work.

3. CraigPLC

CraigPLC LawnSite Member

Oh... I wasn't trying to mow that part of the slope... LOL! No I was on an area that is about a 18° and I got too close to the edge of that 60°

4. No Weeds Left Behind

No Weeds Left Behind LawnSite Member

Man I wouldn't attempt to even get close to that with anything but a trimmer and a 21

5. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Honestly charge what you want/what will make you money. We are all in the business to make money. I would start at $40, unless the yard only takes 1 person 10 min. Just PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't be a lowballer=)

6. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

7. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Stars & Stripes Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from CT

I love people on this site trying tell others in a whole entirely different market how to run their business... Pricing for residential is easy, learn your market, know your overhead, add what you want to make in profit. Don't sit here and try to tell someone that they're lowballing or pricing wrong when you aren't in their market, don't know their over head and know nothing about their business.

ProStreet - If my wife made that amount, and could cover the bills... I'd make enough money to buy toys, and do fun stuff. Just my .02.

8. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

the absolute LOWEST we go is 20$ but that is ONLY for townhouses that take maybe 5 minutes for one person to cut trim and blow. Everything else is atleast 40$

9. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

First mistake pointing it down hill You should back it down
    I would mow it with my 60'' DC
    I would back down and drive up cut both ways
    Once you point it down hill all the weight transfer to the front tires
    Looks like you want some different tires something with more open tread

10. Danmow13

Danmow13 LawnSite Member

NZD, start at $20 for a 15 min lawn {15 min at the most} I like to and do earn $50 per hour from when I leave home until when I return. I go from $20 to $25 to $30 but then I will jump to $40 and then $50. Bigger jobs than that are usually more than a regular lawn mow and priced accordingly.