Residential Only?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SW Landscape Maintenance, Mar 16, 2006.

1. SW Landscape Maintenance

SW Landscape Maintenance LawnSite Member

I am new to and just wondering if there is anybody who just focus on the residential properties. I have about 50 properties and 30 of them on a year-round contract. Work by myself a lot of the time. I have a 20hp Walker which is key to my operation. The Walker is my employee and I love it! What do you other guys do or how do you present your selves to the customer. Do you bother having contracts or just bill as you go. What about the winter time. I'm trying to increase cash flow so I don't have to get a part-time job else where.
  2. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

i bill as i go...and in the winter i plow snow and work for a construction company dec-feb
  3. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

if you are running solo you can do very well with redsidentials.this is my buisness plan once i hire someone i'll look at more comercial stuff.

4. Ollie3

Ollie3 LawnSite Member

Now that I'm in Clemson studying Turf Grass Management. I had a lawn business and I did not have contracts. However, my father's friend that I learned a lot from had contracts year round to be exact he had 300 of them really he did he had three routs. He said that's the only way to go, contracts that is or service agreements.

5. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

im gonna do commercial i think we might get one in the spring. but when im 18 i will get my CDL class A and im gonna work for a trucking company for a part time job.:cool2: