residential push mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slawn, Apr 16, 2008.

1. slawn

slawn LawnSite Senior Member

If your where going to buy a residential push mower, what would be a good choice. This will be used on one $40.00 yard, but it could open the door to more. I really don't want to spend a pile of money on a push mower for one yard. If it leads to more I'll upgrade to a commerical, but for now I just need it for this one yard.

thanks

2. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Just get one from home depot.

3. lawnboy858

lawnboy858 LawnSite Senior Member

that's what i would do.

220 for a residential model with a 2 year warranty.

4. Nukeman 7

Nukeman 7 LawnSite Member

If you have a membership to Costco or Sam's Club, you should get one of the MTD built mowers with the Honda overhead valve engine. They don't cost any more than a lesser model from Home Depot or Sears but will last much longer.:clapping:

5. slawn

slawn LawnSite Senior Member

that's was I was thinking, home depot. This house has a small gate to the back yard and my lazor z won't fit. There's 38 of these house's and guy told me he might could get me some more if i wanted them, said he was on the HOA committee.
    Thanks for the replies.

6. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Get a Snapper.

7. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sears has a new one with a Kawi motor, plus swivel frot wheels for $469.00. Not sure how well its built.

8. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

I kind of like snapper, easy drive system to repair, and that will probably be the first thing to go, from my experience anyway!

9. akvadam

akvadam LawnSite Member

I have been using a honda with the versamow system,,, Mows beautiful. Consumer reports best rated mower for overall quality etc... of all the homeowner models, beat the toro super recycler etc... Best of the homeowner models is all I can say... Was a toro man before i used this mower..

10. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

M family has had the same snapper 12 years, and I have used it the last 3 years and it's still running. i don't think they are very cheap tho if u get a descent one. :weightlifter: