1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Residential ZTR...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nitro121, Jun 15, 2005.

1. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

I know you guys only want to deal w/ commercial equipment. But I'm looking to get a small ZTR for my lawn and the few I do on the side. I have a Hustler Fastrak 36 and 42 in stock at one dealer....and a Gravely 1540 can be ordered and here in 10 days. There is about a 600 dollar difference between the 36 and gravely and 1000 between the 42. 2500 - gravely.....3100 and 3500 for the hustlers. From a mechanical standpoint which would be better...I'm thinking they'll all last a good while w/ proper maintenance. Just looking to see if any spindles, trans, hydro pumps are better than the other.

2. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

Just talked to a lawn company selling two mowers. 1 a 10 year old 48 wb scag (possible newer engine..they are checking on that mower) and a 52 hydro wb scag....1400 hrs, 18 or 19 kaw eng.. Asking 1100 and 2300...so I may go that route instead of the residential mowers. It's hard though...they won't fit through gates when/if needed.
  3. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

just buy a new 36" gravely walk with a sulky for like 2600
  4. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Gravely 1540 vs Hustler 1742..... Hustler has a 7 guage deck with additional 10 guage additional support at the spindle assembly vs 12 guage deck with 7 guage supports at the spindles. Look at the front casters on that Gravely... not impressive. Drive them both....Smoothtrak steering on the Hustler will sell you. Intergrated parking brake on Hustler.

Hustler Warranty
    Lifetime... Frame and leading edge of deck
    2 years... Engine
    3 years... Bumper to Bumper
    All warranties are PARTS & LABOR!