Residual qualities of Imprellis

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Feb 14, 2011.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Just probing.

Wonder if anyone can shed some light on the supposed soil residual properties of Imprellis? How strong of a response could we expect out of the residual? What length of time? Weather affect? What weeds would have control to some degree from the residual effect?

DA

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

great question

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Ditto -- The "root uptake feature" if Imprelis concerns me. Even woody & semi-woody plants tend to have very shallow feeder roots in "mulch beds" due to the easy growing medium. The Imprelis site does not seem to go into detail...........this is also a concern.

4. pieperlc

pieperlc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

On Wednesday I'm going to a supplier seminar and a imprelis rep is going to be giving a presentation. I'm looking forward to it.

5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Sounds good. If you don't mind, could you please post back? Thanks much.

6. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

That's a good point Larry. In fact, this is not limited to mulched areas as most feeder roots of woodys are in the top 6 inches of most soils. When I questioned one of the research scientists at Rutgers U about this potential problem (and water contamination issues mentioned in the label) his response was those issues were not part of their studies. Maybe I'm wrong but I have my instincts tell me that our trees & water supplies are more important than a new chemical that will kill some weeds.

7. grassman177

yes please for us ask as many quesitons and ge the answers back to us:)

8. grassman177

i would not think they would be able to allow for a weed control to enter market that is worse than the ones we already use. have none of you naysayers even thought of that?

9. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Going to the same seminar, if you guys have some questions you would like me to ask, post them or send me a p.m. either way I will be asking some questions of my own. Let me know

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

My question is the topic of this thread Service 1st.