Resolute pre m

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by wildstarblazer, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the response. I'll be trying it out once the wind dies down for a day or two.

2. Nate'sLawnCare

3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Looks like I will be using it this year. Called today to see what generic Barricade they were carrying and was told they only had Resolute this time.
    Liquid was priced at $112.48 per gallon
    WG was priced at $14 per pound
    Is this close to what y'all are paying?

4. Nate'sLawnCare

I paid $12 a pound (5 lb. jug) for the Helm Prodiamine 65 WDG, meant to include that in my previous post.

5. TurfWerks

TurfWerks LawnSite Senior Member

I use the resolute granules in a 50 gallon with jet agitation from a hypro 252 pump. I try and use the whole tank mix everyday. I have never seen much left in the bottom of the tank at all..
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. gbmatt

gbmatt LawnSite Member

That is not your typical operation. Try using a 200 or 300 gallon tank, I bet you will see it then. I am just saying that for less money you can get a better product with the same active ingredient.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. TurfWerks

I used liquid in a 300 gallon and seen settling like your speaking of.. I also seen it in the dry.. I thinking difference is I'm using small quantities and my agitation is more than enough..

I learned on bigger tanks I didn't add my Prodiamine till the mornings when I was ready to spray, and we used a product to help keep it suspended.. helped reduce fall out in the bottom of the tanks but only about 50%
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. gbmatt

gbmatt LawnSite Member

You will see some no matter what you use. Quali-pro is formulated to not fall out as bad, I only have to clean that stuff out at the end of my round with it. The resolute I have to clean it out after two fill ups, and it would clog up my screans several times a day.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I have not had to clean out yet and my filter has not clogged. I guess I will see how bad it is going to be after a couple of days of sitting. I have a 200 gallon tank and have about 120 gallons left in it since it starting raining on me Friday and I am not spraying again until Monday.

10. TurfWerks

Take a 4 or 5 ft piece of PVC, at threads for a waterhose on one end and a cap on the other.. then drill a 3/8 hole in the cap. Hook it up to a garden hose when your ready to fill and blast all the corners and around the bottom for a few minutes to stir it up if your worried about settling..
    Posted via Mobile Device