Resources for building water features??

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by dirtybiz, Feb 8, 2007.

1. dirtybiz

dirtybiz LawnSite Senior Member
    from MT

Hi everyone, I have been doing all phases of landscaping/irrigation for 5 years now, and have seen the demand for water features increase lately. I was "involved" with the building of one once through a subcontractor, but haven't done one myself. I am wondering if their are any good "resources" (books, websites, etc.) with helpful information on getting started. I am supposed to do one for a client in the spring and was planning on subcontracting the work out, but would really liket to learn how to do them ourself, as it looks very rewarding, and is one more thing you can offer your clients. Your help is very much appreciated.

2. dirtybiz

from MT

No one knows anything???? Only trying to find where i can get information, not asking any of you to tell me how to do it.

3. irrigation man

irrigation man LawnSite Member

aquascapes has a book called there pond bible well worth the money if you want to learn its is a great guide

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I have the bible also. it has a lot of data for design and projections (costs, materials, looks).

I would also recommend a build-a-pond class. they're taught by most suppliers that carry Aquascapes products. They don't push their product on you as many other "classes" do. You will learn a lot in a day.

5. dirtybiz

from MT

Hey, Thanks! for your replies, i will look into the "bible" as it sounds like it is a good one, also I am planning on attending a couple of pond classes on products, etc. in the spring. I don't think they have "build-a-pond" classes around here, but will definately check into it. Thanks again.:)

6. Fishwhiz

Fishwhiz LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

There are designers you can build for who can make sure of your quality