resperrators

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dennis, Apr 26, 2000.

1. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

After another dry day Breathing Ga. red clay<br>dust I started wondering how many people out there use some form of dust mask.<br>I have tried but very uncomfortable.

2. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

I USED ONE FOR ABOUT 30 MIN.,THATS ALL I COULD TAKE.THERE'S GOTTA BE SOMETHING BETTER.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

dennis--are you running a mulcher? when the dust is high, I hate mulching because of the dust. you are always in it!<p>during the prime dust season--fall with leaves, I do wear the paper filter masks. they &quot;inhale&quot; badly but they work. good luck!<p>GEO

4. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

Yes usually mulching,but here dust is bad all the time<br>and I hate those masks

5. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

This brings a question to my mind, no I don't use them I would die faster, the question is are there any regulations on the books that require a liquid applicator person to wear some sort of protective gear, i.e., gloves, respirator, goggles.... I ask this because i see the technicians around here all the time spraying away with no protection at all. Look at the truck with the tank on it and see the paint eaten off, rust and corrosion!! Some are slow learners I agree but seems like OSHA would bust their butts good if they got caught!<p>Homer

6. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

I used to wear a paper respirator when slashing to combat the constant sneezing.<br>Only result I got was dust mask filled with<br>snot. Very untidy. :)<p>Karl<br>