1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Responding to competitors ad:

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by redbuckcavs, Mar 19, 2008.

1. redbuckcavs

redbuckcavs LawnSite Member
    from indiana

In the local newspaper a competitor runs an ad. near the end of the ad it says: "If you are an existing customer and receive another lawn care quote we will beat their price,within reason"

If I was their customer (most homeowners dont think this way) I would think to myself ---- So Ive been with you 10 yrs and you've raised your price 3 times, If I dont say anything you will continue to charge me a high price, yet if I ***** then your willing to lower your cost"
  2. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

I love it when potential customers ask me to match prices, with my competition. My usual response is to tell them I will, If my competitors will match my overhead! Smile politely and exit, stage right!:waving::waving:
  3. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

you're giving their current customers too much credit for independant thought.

Dish network has been doing this for years, offering amazing deals to new customers only.. like they just raised their prices.. a lot. And I get a letter in the mail saying "New customers enjoy 2007's pricing!"

Well.. needless to say, they're doing fine. and their customers don't seem to care.