1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Response from Christmas Cards...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by twins_lawn_care, Dec 22, 2003.

1. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I passed out the holiday cards, and a few poinsettas for my better clients. So far, I lined up more work, just from having the cards handed out. It seems the people really appreciated the surprise, and with the name sitting right in front of them, called me to line up some more work. This is something I would do even if it generated no extra business, but this is surely a bonus from doing them.

Just some input from my first year experience with them.

Anyone else find this to be the case?

Happy Holidays Everyone! :waving:
  2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I sent out Christmas cards a week ago and today I received a check in the mail as a gift from one of them! I guess that means "look foward o seeing you next year!"
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Great Job Twins_lawn_care.

Happy holidays to you too :)
  4. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

We send out around 150-250 of them each year. However we do not get that much of a response because our work is put on hold until about April with the snowy wintry months. In the springtime we get a few "thank you's" for the cards.
  5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Usually, the same 3 old ladies send me $10 checks and that's it. Sometimes I get a couple o' thank-yous in the spring. It has never really been a way to get more business, more like a thanks for being a customer kind of thing.

6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i did the cards/pointsetta's and they worked well for me. it was definitely worth the $4/customer investment.