Response to Business Card Magnets?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grasssin, Jan 6, 2005.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

I have read many posts about guys using these with doorhangers or being given out in passing.

I just want to know the response yall have gotten to the magnets. I ask because I am not going to spend $4500 on another yellow pages ad this year, and I have had little luck with flyers and direct mailings in the past due to the heavy saturation of LCOs in my city.

My thoughts are the same as most, that people who get magnets attached to the doorhangers are likely to put it on their refrig. so my name is always in front of them.

I was going to start out with 500 attached to my doorhangers and see how that does, and I know I can get it done for less than $4500 :cool:

Just wanted to know if this was a worthwhile ad strategy.
  2. andersonmowing23

andersonmowing23 LawnSite Member

I didn't use magnets last year, But I used a tear off flyer (think that is what they called it anyways) Kinda the same idea but came out cheaper for me. It was a door hanger, but they could tear off my buisness card at the bottom and keep it. I usually just use door hangers or flyers, but thought I would give this a try last year, Really worked good, I tried it on 1,200 houses and got three calls. Don't know what you average but that was better for me, Think I only landed 2 out of the 3 tho. I am going to try it on all my flyers this year and see where it gets me. IMO I think the magnet idea would work even better, I mean they might not call you this year, but if the magnet is on their you could get a call next year. I got my flyers done at, they were the cheapest I could find, and still good quiality, ask them for free samples.
  3. scaglawnsnj

scaglawnsnj LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

did you see how many guys are in yellow book....tooo much i heard the news paper is awsome and cheaper that was from a old man in this for 30 years. he moved to nj with not what he had as far as customers..but all his equipment payed in full..he went to the news paper ads small inexpencive one..he retired in 2yrs with mucho dollars...he got over 300 customers from that in the first year plus a retirment village wish i did that next year news paper is my first jump
  4. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I did a new business card last spring and bought the magnets at Staples. They were something like $20 for 100. I made them myself and got some pretty good feedback from them.
  5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I sure hope that was a typo!!!
  6. andersonmowing23

andersonmowing23 LawnSite Member

That was just a mistake suppose to be 120, got them for free for ordering club flyers from, don't know what happend must have been a brain fart lol
  7. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I used the magnets from staples also. They where the kind with a sticky side you attach your card to. I did pretty good with them. Can't remember the number tho. It was two years ago. I saw that Walmart sells the magnets too. I may try them again this year.
  8. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I got 500 full color magnetic business cards printed at for $109.00. That included in the upload charge for my professionally designed art work. I think you can get them a little cheaper if you use their templates and fill in your info.
  9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

10. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the input guys, but I was really asking what kind of response yall have had from them.

It seems like they would do better than fliers because most people would hold on to them on their refrig.

And I could also pass them out earlier in the year instead of waiting until the growing season. Just a thought...