response to ZTR status symbol

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfman59, Feb 15, 2003.

1. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

Amen, If you want to use a walkbehind and get the benefits of being worn out at the end of the day Go For It. Running behind a walk behind all day is not really that healthy of a work out. If you think its exercise you are dead wrong! Most workouts only last a maximum of 45 minutes to an hour, anything beyond that is breaking your body down farther than is appropiate. If you have conditioned yourself to a point that you can keep up with that walk behind for 6 hours or more its due to good operator technique. I will sit and mow and would gladly ride a crapsman before I would walk all day. Just my humble opinion though.

2. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering who told you this cause my cousin is a physical therapist and she said walking in a steady movement and continuous is very helpfull.

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

My doctor told me I need more excercise a few years ago. I said that I do alot of walking at my job. He says that doesn't count because you do that every day, no variation. Sure if your not used to the walking that will benefit you for awhile but then it becomes too repititious.

4. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

sulky.

proslide.

employees.

5. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

Id say that its excercise, sometimes your walking at different paces,and on hills your manhandleing which makes your heart beat much faster, then you go back to a normal pace and the 10min sprits gives you good excercise, Im 53 and it sure makes me feel alot better when i don't ride all the time. Marks Mowing Service

6. NC Big Daddy

NC Big Daddy LawnSite Senior Member

Exercise? First things first, I'm assuming you're mowing to make money and not mowing for exercise? So why would exercise be a variable in an equipment purchase? If you want to make money you purchase the best equipment you can afford that does the job you want it to do. If you want exercise join a gym.