response

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by P&J Lawncare, Jun 2, 2001.

1. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

just to respond to some of the post's i have received on this topic. I am going to purchase the 26 horse kohler efi exmark it makes sense to spend a little more to get more horse power. My mowers get scraped and sharpened every morning before the day starts. As for the advantage decks the only advantage I have seen is it cuts better but the grass discharge is no better than before it still leaves the clumps of grass by the chute. I am not saying that scag mowers are not good it's just that exmark seem's to be better. I have made alot of money with scag mowers and my business has thrived using these mowers but where I am located (northwest ohio) we have alot of dew in the morning and nite and my scags seems to have problems throwing the grass evenly and its not the engine bogging out or the mower losing rpm's it just does not throw it as good as it should. I have not only had my dealer look into the problem I have had the people from scag also try to fix it they gave me a new deck didn't help I have used high lift blades gator blades double blades still no help. I aint saying that I will never have to double cut again but when I can cut a yard at 2 1/2 with the exmark with no clumps and in the same yard my scag is clumping up at 3 its time for a change. If I lived in a drier climate scag would still be my choice of mowers but I dont so it wont. 25 man hours saved per speaks for itself. In closing I would just like to say that I think that this site is excellent and a must for anybody who takes lawncare serious.

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

What was the post? {Why didn't you just post it in the orginal thread}

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

4. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you Jodi, it makes since now...

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

HATE TO ASK BUT WHY WOULD YOU USE THE SCAG IF IT CUT WELL ENOUGH IN ANOTHER AREA. THAT IS IF THE EXMARK IS JUST A BETTER CUTTER.
    JUST CURIOUS,DONT ANSWER IF YOU DONT WANT TO.LATER

6. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I would use it because I think it is a heavy duty machine and built more solid than then the exmark the deck seems to be able to handle just about anything you might hit. I take precautions to not hit anything but in 12 years I have been known to hit my share of curbs and sticks,rocks ect. also sorry about not posting my reply properly I thought that I hit reply but must of hit new thread.