Restored Land Pride Boxblade Before and After pics

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by yacht, Jan 1, 2004.

1. yacht

yacht LawnSite Member

Just wanted to show-off my latest purchase and project. I found this BB2566 Land Pride Boxblade from an add in the paper. The guy was moving out of the area and didn't want the extra bulk in his moving van of the blade. The blade is around 15 or 20 years old and was used as a rental from a local rent-a-center. It was solid rust from stem to stern and the old-style decals were barely readable. The top link strap had suffered some pretty severe damage that I fixed with my press. I saved the serial number plating but it too is barely legible. I decided to go with present day decals vs. trying to find originals. Have a Happy New year.:)

dvc00050.jpg

2. yacht

yacht LawnSite Member

before

dvc00039.jpg

3. yacht

yacht LawnSite Member

Sorry its out of sequence. Here's another before

dvc00040.jpg

4. yacht

yacht LawnSite Member

another after pic

dvc00048.jpg

5. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Nice job ... i love winter projects.

6. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Wow -- you even put the decals back on. I'm impressed

7. Looks really good! I should be so ambitious.

8. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice, I love projects like that.

9. yacht

yacht LawnSite Member

Thanks alot for your compliments. I almost fell over when the Land Pride dealer told me that they wanted $40 for the decals. I almost didn't buy them but now that I see them on the piece of equipment I'm glad I did.

My only problem is that my winter project is over way before winter is over. Gotta find another piece of rust that needs revived. :)