1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

restoring a old lesco

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by stonebridge, Dec 6, 2012.

1. stonebridge

stonebridge LawnSite Senior Member

day 1 of tear down

lesco day1.jpg

lesco day11.jpg
  2. GLM5

GLM5 LawnSite Member

Wish my dad would have done things with me like that. Remember those memories!

JLSLLC LawnSite Gold Member

cant wait to see more pics!!! I'm going to restore a walk behind when i get time.. You got a little helper now!!!:clapping:
  4. stonebridge

day 2 taking off the pulleys cleaning everything up and getting ready for paint. made a paint booth in the garage with heat, due to the cold weather. we spent a hour straightening the rods that go from the handles to the pulleys. so far nothing needs to be replaced, good for the check book.

little helper.jpg
  5. Ethan51

Ethan51 LawnSite Member

Looks like fun man:clapping:! My dad and i just brought back a 99' vw passat just for fun!
  6. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks just like my first mower!

You won't.....I had one a while back when I was starting out and wanted to fix it up just a little and parts are near impossible to find, especially paint and decals.
  7. stonebridge

day3 got pulleys and spindles off. took spindles apart and are solid so no need to do anything except grease them. my son is learning alot and and is already figuring things out by himself like all you need is a 1/2'' and 9/16'' to take this mower apart. heck i didn't figure that out until he said something. we decides to change the paint scheme alittle bit. deck lid and wheels are going to be black instead of green deck lid and white tires. Think it will pretty kool being straight black/green. going to pull engine tonight hopefuly

8. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S. New Jersey

Those lesco machines look real solid.
  9. stonebridge

im pretty impressed on this machine, plus how well it has held up for 20+ years. she gonna look pretty!!!
  10. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

The older ones are much better than new