Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Palmer'sLS, May 23, 2006.

1. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

Hi after workin with this thing for 4 straight gettin frustrated...we have everything put back together...but no spark at all on the spark plug...what does this mean???....i even disconnected all safty switches...just in case...any help is greatly appreciated
  2. oldrustycars

oldrustycars LawnSite Senior Member

if i may, before Rob replies...what are you working on? car? mower? helicopter? and what exactly have you done that you are putting it together now?
  3. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

sry bout that...he knows what im workin on from earlier....but its a 15 hp husqvarna w/b.....and the thing wont even do anything....idk...its aggrevating
  4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Is the key turned on? That's something I would have forgotten to do, then I'd laugh at myself all day while I was using it. :laugh: :headphones: :laugh: :laugh:
  5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Check the airgap between the ignition coil and flywheel? Dont know if you took this apart or not but the gap should be about 1 business card in thickness.
  6. Jman

Jman LawnSite Member

Pull the kill wire off of the ignition module, with a spark tester hooked to the end of the plug wire, spin it over with the starter. If no spark, the ignition coil may be bad. IF this is a Kohler, make sure the coil is right side up. On Kohler single cylinders, if the coil is upside down it won't work. There is an arrow stamped on the plastic of the coil. When bolted down you SHOULD see the arrow pointing in the direction of rotation of the flywheel. If the coil is upside down you will have NO spark at all.
  7. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

PM was sent 5-23, Problem solved.....