1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Restricted use herbicides

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by wegomow, Feb 19, 2013.

1. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

Last summer when I got my license to spray, I talked to other LCO's and asked since I was doing residential accounts would I ever need to use products other than what I could get as a homeowner from Lowes and they all said no. So I have been using fertilome products. From reading here it doesn't appear that you guys use the store bought pesticides and herbicides. Where do you purchase these products?

2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

There is no way I could get by just using what they have at boxstores. Selection of products would be the worse part followed by price.

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

4. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Don't know how your states do it, but I am in trouble if I have products labeled for household or consumer use.

5. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Don't bother with those products. Look for a John Deere Store close to you. I know that area well, I used to have a boat at Northwest Harbor Marina. You may have to go to Raleigh if there's nothing in New Bern. Check out Goldsboro also. Are you spraying or doing granular applications.
    Still get by there about twice a year
    Good Luck. and check out your turf requirements (Bermuda, St. Augustine, Centipede and fescue) ie Atrazine is great control for weeds in Centipede and St. Augustine but WILL fry fescue. Know your products. Most guys here are willing to help answer questions.
    Roy

6. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

If you can justify the trip, Cardinal Chemical in Wilson has a huge warehouse and they serve a lot of the golf courses around here. Big selection and good prices.

7. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you. I will check out the John Deere store near me first. I do have a friend in Wilson so that could be a day trip.

8. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

If you are just buying a few gallons, try Ebay.