Results of Exmark Lazer Z HP with triton deck

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Adam's Lawn and Garden, May 16, 2006.

1. Adam's Lawn and Garden

Adam's Lawn and Garden LawnSite Senior Member

Hey everyone,

I am 16 and have been mowing since i was 11. I got a Cub Cadet RZT last year and it sucks. So i decided that i am going to buy an Exmark. I love the quality that i see and every other company in my area of PA seems to be switching to them. So i just wanted to see what you thought about the Lazer Z HP 27 h.p. 50 deck with an ultravac striper on it. I just wanted to see if you guys liked it or hated it before i spent 9600 bucks on one.

Thanks,

Adam

2. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

I demo'd a 27hp HP with a 56" triton deck today. It was awkward at first, but after 15 minutes or so I started to enjoy myself. I normally run a Scag Tiger.

This machine did not have a striper on it, I can't comment on that. However, the cut was very impressive. I cut tall, wet, and dry grass. I also cut stuff that I had no business cutting, in one pass and full deck width. The machine took it all and never even flinched. After it was done raining and the grass dried somewhat, the discharge was kind of shocking. It flung the clippings twice as far as what I'm used to. Unfortunately with that, I sprayed beds that I never did before. It beat my older Scag hands down out in the open though. Even in the wet grass the machine had plenty of power. I did things with it that I wouldn't even attempt with a 23hp/52" Tiger. It's amazing how little the difference between the numbers, but the end result is undeniable. The longer I ran this machine, the more I liked it. I can't imagine what it would do in ideal conditions with fresh blades.

My dealer was also most informative and helpful. He answered everything I could think of, and let me have free reign with his machine for as long as I needed. In the end, wether or not I buy this machine or another Scag, he will get the sale because of his service. If his only line was ExMark, I would have no second thoughts at all about purchasing the one I ran today. Superb piece of equipment.

And to think..... I wouldn't have tried one if I hadn't seen that post here (11 hours) where the ExMark rep had jumped in to help out with service. That specific post in of itself, did more towards selling a new machine, than all the tens of thousands of advertising dollars ExMark has spent to yield the same effect.

A

3. Adam's Lawn and Garden

Thanks. Does anyone else have anything?

4. Adam's Lawn and Garden

Hey Audrey,

where did u try it out at? i was going to go to R.S. Hollingers in lancaster.

adam

5. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

Heya Adam,

Ebling's Service Plus (717) 866-6720

Myerstown

Just a little North of you. Go up Rt. 501

Ask for Tony. He's one of the owners. Ne has never, ever, let me down. I have never had to ask twice for anything, and he gives me no B.S. He calls it as he sees it, wether it's his product or not.
    In the end, he will decide which machine I purchase. I trust him that much.

When I went for my first Scag several years ago he bent over backwards for me. Price wise and for a few other minor things. All my saws came from him as well. I tell him what I need, he picks it off the shelf, I pay for it, and I leave happy and confident with my purchase without thinking twice about it.

Do some pricing in your neck of the woods. Then give him a shot at it.
    Heck, if you like, I'll meet you there and we'll harass him together. ;-)

A

6. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I bought a 56/27 last week, at first I loved it but now it's making me alittle dissapointed.

It could just be the blades and I hope so but the cut is getting worse. Today was the first real day using it (stupid rain) and I ended up having to double cut every account. Last week I only used it once on one of my commercial accounts and it did great, like said above, the discharge was great! It was shooting clippings at least 12-15feet and dispersing them perfect, this commercial account has been a bear, but the lazer made it easy and looked its best when I was done. The mower now has 4.2 hours on it and it's clumping, missing some grass if you go over half speed I'd say, early in the day when the grass was still wet it was clumping bad, as the day went on it didn't clump as bad but it was windrowing pretty bad and the skipped grass got worse.

I just can't see a set of blades getting dull after 4 hours of use. I was getting 15-20 hours out of gators before they would even remotely dull down. If exmark blades dull that fast I'll be getting a set of fusions if they make them.

I haven't messed with the baffles at all yet either, so don't let this scare you away from exmarks, in the past I've had nothing but great luck with exmark, so again hopefully it's the blades that's causing the bad cut.

One other thing, the mower had 1.2 hours of very dry grass at the commercial account, and then at 2 hours (after playing at my house in wet grass) the deck was packed with grass. So hopefully that's just because I was actually cutting in the rain with it. If not I'll be scraping the deck every few hours during the route (yea right that won't happen, the mower will be at the curb first).

7. kcrudy

kcrudy LawnSite Member

Hey Adam

I see you are in York, did you check out Bills Outdoor Power, they are in Red Lion on Rt. 74. I purchased from them last year and they have been very helpful to me. May also be closer than the other dealer.

8. kcrudy

kcrudy LawnSite Member

Hey Adam

Did you check out Bills Outdoor Power, they are in Red Lion on Rt.74. I purchased a Lazer from them lasy year and they were very helpful to may. May also be closer than the other place.

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I don't have or have ever used a lazer but i do know that eXmark makes a very good product that leaves a great cut. If i had the lawns and the need for one ide buy basically the package you are talking about, no question about it, i love the eXmark that i have and will continue to use them in the future.

10. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

I run a 52" hydro wb, A 60" Lazer and a 72" Lazer. I love'em all and I'd never move to anything else, unless they really prove to me that they do a better job. I haven't found one yet, so it looks like I'll be sticking with Exmark for some time.