results of Mosquito Barrier

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Jul 7, 2008.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

This is a pic of our lawn (about two acres). It was sprayed with "Mosquito Barrier" (no Talstar or any other product was used). It was sprayed on July 2nd about 2:00 p.m. Two days before (June 30), it was "mosquito heaven" when I mowed -- it was really bad -- swarming all over me, and I got many bites. We had dozens of friends from 2:00 p.m. thru 2:00 a.m. each day on July 4 & 5. Number of mosquito bites = only three. There were some gnats and a few flies, but no big deal. Everybody was amazed. I was too. I sprayed "Mosquito Barrier" at twice the concentrated as the label recommended, but the results paid off.

Now it's July 7, and I just went outside........no mosquito bites after spending 15 minutes in the yard.

I felt I should share this info to anybody thinking about using "Mosquito Barrier". I'm not a sponsor -- just a very satisfied consumer.

mosquitoes 002.jpg

2. Higbean

Higbean LawnSite Member
    from USA

What's the AI?

3. americanlawn

from midwest

One gallon covers up to five acres, but we mixed one gallon per 50 gallons of water. Sprayed about two gallons per 1000 sq ft on turf. Used a J-D9 gun at about 400 psi. We sprayed under decks, trees & shrubs too. Also sprayed above roofs, etc. I figure we sprayed the product at 'double' strength. Pretty much sprayed anything fifty feet and lower. Product label suggests spraying at a more concentrated rate gives the best results. We found that to be true. Great product.

4. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Larry

What is it and what is the active ingredient?

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Garlic oil....I've used it before in the past, and had great success as well. Not only that, it makes your lawn smell like a great big pizzeria!

6. americanlawn

from midwest

It's 99.3 % garlic. You can find this product on the web.

BTW our T3000 is kicking butt compared to all others.:usflag: PM us anytime.:waving:

7. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

Did you buy it online or where did you get it. Thats exactly what ive been looking for. We live in a neighboor hood out in the country and all the homes sit on about 1/2 acre and the mosquitos are rediculous. Would like to buy it soon at a store if possible.

8. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Mosquito barrier is available online, just google the name. The garlic smell usually goes away in a few hours but the mosquitoes can supposedly detect the garlic smell well after humans can't. their sensory receptors are something like 6000 that of a human. Haven't bought any in a
    while but a gallon could do some decent sq ft.

9. Milwaukee

Milwaukee LawnSite Member

Well that sound good thing. we try but last 1 to 2 weeks because smell gone due rain week.

Well we decide bought bug zapper we was shock we just hook in night time and run for 1 hour then we look at it. We was shock so many many mosquito dead. I say it almost half of pop can's size.

but problem next night it start less then next day it start to be few.

So we decide do 1 time a week.

Everyone in our neighborhood was happy that I bought bug zapper but first time they were sick of hear buzz each min now they change mind because they notice no mosquito in their yard.

10. americanlawn

from midwest

We had nearly 20 friends over for the Independence Day weekend. Only person that got mosquito bites was my wife ---she had 3 bites (probably serves her right):laugh: We also had two "bug zappers" going (one small 2-lite one and a larger 4-lite one). Both were full of dead mosquitos the 2 next mornings.. Keep in mind that the bug zappers attract mosquitos....just the opposite of the garlic spray.

Yesterday we got one call, and today we got another.......both asking for another Mosquito Barrier "spray" -- one in late July and another in late August (for upcoming outdoor events).........both said they were pleased with the initial spray.

Final note: One of our Independence Day guests lives next door. He said right after I sprayed my property, the mosquito population on his property doubled! So today, I sprayed his property at no charge (very good friend).:laugh: BTW the odor wears off within 3 or 4 hours.