1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Results of my JD 757 Mulch on demand

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Throgmorton, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Throgmorton

Throgmorton LawnSite Member

I've got one of the MOD 757's. Have had a few problems with it. Mainly the cut. Trying to find the right type of blade. They made a in between blade that is suppose to mulch and or discharge. I've put 300 hours on mine this season. Currently getting a new Kaw engine put on because the engine had a compression problem. At this point, we don't think it is a JD problem. It is under warranty. I've broke two rods that opens the side chute. Dealer is ordering me another and I will do some welding on it to make it stronger. Currently I have as set of MEG-MO blades which works pretty well with this system. The MOD is a nice feature. The only time i have difficulty opening and closing the chutes are when there is alot of grass build up. Since my mower has been in the shop, it has given me a chance to demo a couple of mowers. I demoed the DC 2503 and the exmark xs 60. The exmark xs is the baddest mower I've ever been on. Enough said.
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I have many 2005 757's we use daily and they are GREAT mowers, but a good JD dealer will tell you in a heart beat NOT to go with the MOD as it isn't right yet. If you dealer didn;t tell you that you might want to look for a new dealer.
  3. Tom lawsite.com

Tom lawsite.com LawnSite Member

Hi MMLawn,

I am buying my first ZTR. I'm interested in the JD 757, and the comparable exmark and scag options. Before buying the 757's, what were you using?

4. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

What are you guys talking about....Mod?
  5. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

MOD= much on demand.