resurfacing sidewalks.........

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by rmartin, Jun 24, 2004.

1. rmartin

rmartin LawnSite Member
    from mass

I have a customer that has a nice cement sidewalk. Is there anyway that I can resurface it by laying another type of stone ontop of the existing concrete. Would I have to attatch it to the walkway with another adhesive?????? It really is in good condition so tearing it out is not necessary...

2. odorisio

odorisio LawnSite Member

if the concrete is of the right specs you should be able to do pavers on top with a 1" sand base between the concrete and pavers

3. MLL

MLL LawnSite Member
    from Houston

How about flagstone? You could just mortar it in on top. Easy job. Great profit.

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, flagstone works. Mortar it on, looks good, quick easy money.

5. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

You could also use "Z" brick, gives the look of mortared brick, but the "bricks" are much thinner- about 3/4" IIRC.

The thing to remember is that you will be changing the hieght of the concrete, which will change the hieght of any step risers coming off of it. I believe national code only allows for around 1/4" difference between any two risers on steps. It could also create issues wherever it might meet a driveway too....

As for it being "quick, easy" money, somehow I doubt it if you haven't done it before. There are little tricks that masons have that get the job done faster and make it look better. You may want to consider referring them to a good mason, or subbing the job to one....

Dan