Retail Sales

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Green in Idaho, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

2. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Woody, in my state, the LCO fertilization is a retail sale.

And it doesn't really matter where we think the line should be drawn. What matters in this country is where your state regulatory agencies draw the line.

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Gentleman

My first Degree was in Criminal Justice. I worked 21 years in a prison. I don't make the laws, I only follow them. Before I retired my job was to care out those laws and the punishment of those who did not. I guess if you understand My back ground then you know why I harp on the Law.

What are the consequences of not following the laws?? Don't ask me, ask Former 4 term Louisiana Gov Edwin Edwards. You can find him at the federal prison in Fort Worth Texas.

4. woodycrest

woodycrest LawnSite Senior Member

17 counts of racketeering, money laundering and conspiracy....isnt that a little more serious?

sorry to sound like a broken record, but it's CORN. i suppose my opinion means squat to the authorities, but its CORN. Could it be any more simple?

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Laws are good for their intended purposes,BUT as always they are used in extremes on both sides.

6. Dchall_San_Antonio

Dchall_San_Antonio LawnSite Senior Member

Even though we all know what we mean by the word, corn, there are other parts of the corn plant which could be called corn by unscrupulous people. Corn cobs, for example, are ground up and used legitimately in agriculture but not as a fertilizer.

As much as I hate to see it, I still see a need for consumer protection to ensure they are getting ground corn kernels and not ground corn cobs.

7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Ah yes, tis true David.

8. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

As my states prescribes, and I think would be common, anything sold retail/wholesale as a "fertilizer" is regulated by Dept of Ag.

However, what does it allow for selling a product as a soil conditioner, soil amendment or other description?

9. driggy

driggy LawnSite Member

By applying corn meal, alphalfa pellets, whatever you are not fertilizing the lawn, you are feeding minute little animals, who inturn deficate and feed the lawn or these well fed little animals eat the bad little animals that would harm your lawn the benifit to you, is by caring for the good little animals your lawn looks much nicer, if you feed your customers cow and that cow leaves cow patties your not fertilizing the lawn, instead of stating corn meal as fertilizer you could call it spreading feed for good little critters.

10. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Is organics then just an endeavor in skirting laws? A client calls and wants an organic lawn care program, not an organic soil care program or an organic feeding for soil microbes. Thought this was supposed to be a forum about organic lawn care, not about how to convolute meanings of your services to be outside the legal protections of established legislation and regulations.

For a month and a half now I have been waiting for someone to post how he actually legally and functionally provides an organic lawn care service to clients. I guess there are no legitimate "organic" operators?