Retail Sales

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Green in Idaho, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

WOW! You been waiting for that long? I guess that explains a lot.

It's simple-- "be licensed".

This thread was for retail sales in addition to services. That's simple too, "be licensed if necessary and follow the regulations".

Do you feel better now Groundskeeper?

2. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Spoken like a true smoke screen. Beginning to think that is all organics is, from a commercial prospective.

Why don't you start a new thread telling us what you apply and how you apply it. And don't forget to show how this is legal under your state fertilizer and pesticide regs.

3. woodycrest

woodycrest LawnSite Senior Member

Feeding the soil and the microbes IS what 'fertilizes' the grass.

I think the functional part of it has already been explained, the legal part is not clearly defined in my opinion.

An organic program gives excellent results, isnt that what the customer wants???

4. driggy

driggy LawnSite Member

Groundskeeper, A licensed applicater would have to follow the letter of the law. So the only way you can have an organic program is to use the properly labeled organic products, and apply them in the prescribed manner, This forum is discussing all sorts of different ways to organically fertilize some may not be commercially available at the presant time, but by discussing them and trying them perhaps on your own lawn where no license is required you will be able to form your own opinion and then maybe through your intervention bring a new product to market. Ther are many commercial organi fertilizers on the market and many more to come if the market is there.

5. driggy

driggy LawnSite Member

I didn't mention that I am not yet an organic operator but, I am exploring the possibillities of an organic program for my customers in the future.

6. Green in Idaho

from Idaho

For those in the North East here is a link to each state's regs and a short description:

The title is for compost, but the links will get you to the individual state's info. This would probably be applicable for topdressing with compost.

http://www.nerc.org/documents/2001-fertilizer-regulations-summary.html

I'd bet there are other site with similar info.

Once again, it's just a matter of reading which hoops have to jumped through and doing it. :sleeping:

7. Green in Idaho

from Idaho

8. Green in Idaho

from Idaho

9. Green in Idaho

from Idaho

Pick a state, any state and YOU too can find the requirements of providing commercial organic fertilizer and pest control services and/or retail sales....:D

10. Asher68

Asher68 LawnSite Member

Hello, Jim. We're starting up an organic care service in SW Florida and we're finding that the complexities of organic care require a comprehensive approach including landscaping, soil microbial health and balanced soil chemistry. There's a lot more to consider than just dumping some fertilizer on the yard. Our site details the steps of the program we're developing: www.commonsensecare.com

Asher Gifford
    Common Sense Landscape & Garden Care
    Arcadia, Fl