1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Retail vs Trade value

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by qps, Jul 31, 2007.

1. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Trying to get a feel for the trade, or retail value of one of my trucks...the dealers hear all have different opinons...here goes...2001 F450 XLT 4x4 auto/air/cruise/ 6 cd player 45K 7.3 diesel with 11 ft Heil dump bed with drop down sides. excellent condition..one owner, never smoked in, interior perfect....bed could used repainted...but that's it.....
  2. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

How much do you want? :waving:
  3. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

not for sale...just asking for ballparks numbers on trade or sell....looking at next spring...replacing with crewcab 450 or 550...thanks
  4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

All I can say is play the market and see what costs what....... www.trucktrader.com and other such sites. This is how I came to learn the market. Then when I saw a good deal I knew it. You can do the same to rank yours against others to determine value.
  5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

wow...45k??? that thing wouldnt last a day on the dealer lot here...the only thing i can say is get kbb values and nada values, that will give you a decent number. the dealers however will tell you something different, always! That truck down here would probly go for 15000 or more.