1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Retaining wall and patio

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by MowJoeLandscaping, Sep 26, 2007.

1. MowJoeLandscaping

MowJoeLandscaping LawnSite Member

Keystone Country manor and Cambridge cobble pavers. Very Steep back yard. Drain and electircal is for hot tub. not finished yet but some in progress pics.

LANDSCAPER30 LawnSite Member
    from IN

Looks good!!:drinkup:
  3. MowJoeLandscaping

Some patio pics

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

bet the HO will be happy, what kind of material are you using for base?
  5. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Man you gotta stop using that term "HO", to me it means something alot different than homeowner:laugh:
  6. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Why Zido, you dont like a happy HO?
  7. Golden Boy

Golden Boy LawnSite Member

It seems like the patio has a lot of edges lined up. There were a few different sizes, was there a pattern that I am missing?
  8. capetan

capetan LawnSite Member

from the looks of the one picture it looks like the patio slops with the hill, but i think its just the camera angle, are the stones for the retaining wall dry stacked or did you use some sort of adhesive ? thanks for sharing the pics looks good
  9. MowJoeLandscaping

the patio does not slope, and of course the rows line up. its just a random pattern with 6" and 9" pavers. the base was compacted #57 stone with 1" sand. the blocks are Keystone country manor which are dry stacked but keep from moving using 6" fibeglass pins. Hope that answers all your questions. I'll put up a final pic early next week.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

The only concern that i have is there going to be any issues with the screeded sand washing down through the #57? I have never seen it done that way. I have always used crusher run that has been compacted so that the screenings or sand cannot penetrate the base. It just seems that even though you compacted the gravel, there are a lot of crevises all the way down through the base for it to migrate down. But like i said, i just have not seen it done this way before and i could be very wrong. Otherwise, it all lookes great.