retaining wall install and the ground is spongey after compaction!

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Hardscaping, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Hardscaping

Hardscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you that is much better.

I have actually decided to stay away fromt he driveway until next year anyways. By then i will have alot more experience and a few classes. i am mainly focusing on getting the sod part of that job now.

I might end up not getting either the drive or the sod i hope to get it but if i don't what can i do, only move on to the next one.

My name is Ben

2. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

Next time get a signature or a time frame it is really annoying when you have 15 pages without a signed contract and now your not even doing the job. Stop wasting our time.

3. Hardscaping

you are wasting your own time i am still learning from talking about it.

4. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Where are the finished picutres? I enjoyed reading this thread as I may be doing my first wall job next summer.

5. Hardscaping

i don't even know if i have the finished pictures around, the phone i used to take the pictures with screwed up a few times since then but if i can find them i will post them other than that here is a few pictures from a different wall i did this year.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good. What does the liner do?

7. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

]

Keeps the soil from cloging the stone and making the stone ineffective for draiing the water.

8. LawnVet

LawnVet LawnSite Member
    from SE MI

Please tell me there is a plan for that downspout. I'd hate to see it drain along your wall. Talk about wash out, not to mention ice-hazard.
    Wall looks good. I would like to see the one this thread is about. Sounds much bigger.

9. Hardscaping

the down spout was supposed to be moved to the other side of drive way.

i will see if i can find the ones of this thread. i found the before just not the after.

10. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

seeing the downspout there i would move it over to just inside the wall with an elbow, or move the entire downspout over. tie it into a solid drain pipe that runs the length of the wall, under the stone, and drain to the street away from any potential erosion or ice hazards.

does that sound correct? just trying to learn from this particular install he has here.