retaining wall install and the ground is spongey after compaction!

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Hardscaping, Sep 17, 2008.

1. csl

csl LawnSite Member

i sure as hell know those pics werent taken with a camera phone. you have a digital camera, so go take some pics and put this thread to rest. unless it looks like garbage (your wall) then we will have many more months to add pages and pages to this thread! woo hoo

2. Hardscaping

Hardscaping LawnSite Senior Member

The wall in this thread is covered with snow right now if you would like that picture then no problem.

Also those pictures were taken with my blackberry, and i do have a camera you are correct, just got it back because it was corupting the data on the memory cards.

3. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Man your work looks brutal. Why doesn't the top line up with the step on the left side?

4. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

different rises on each step.

5. Hardscaping

you guys got to get over your self

This wall looks good and the risers are all the same.

6. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you use any grid on this wall?

7. soopa

soopa LawnSite Member
    from NY

certainly not the best work i've seen but it's far from "brutal". have you seen some of the crap guys out there are pumping out?

kudos to Hardscaping for giving a f- enough to come and ask for help. takes balls to admit you don't have all the answers amongst this crowd.

8. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

This isn't brutal??

IMG00077.jpg

9. Hardscaping

The top portion of walkway the customer wanted it like that too leave room for hiw garden.

the pattern i do admit on the landing is kinda weird. but it looks good when you look at it in person.

If that is what you call brutal then you should see some of the work out there being performed.

Like for example the guy next door to this house(it is a semi) is putting in wall with same materials.

he dug out half the trench then started laying blocks in. they didn't even get 35 block in and now it is exposed to the weather and will have to be redone, they are also using sand as a setting bed for the blocks.

10. Hardscaping

no grid needed for this wall, not big enough.