Retaining Wall Pic

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by LANDSCAPER30, Mar 9, 2006.

1. LANDSCAPER30

LANDSCAPER30 LawnSite Member
    from IN

Timber Wall Before

scan0007.jpg

2. LANDSCAPER30

from IN

Timber Wall After Pic

scan0008.jpg

3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't really care for timber walls, I think they look crappy. I also think that you don't have enough deadman tiebacks installed. JMO though!

chris

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Timber walls aren't my favorite, but it is what it is. Not all customers are going to want to pay the $$$'s for block retaining walls.
    It looks good, clean and straight.

5. amvega

amvega LawnSite Member

Is this for a home owner or yourself? If it is for a home owner why would you not talk them into a segmental retaining wall? Those ties will be rooten in 10-15 years at the most plus it doesn't add any value to their home.

6. LANDSCAPER30

from IN

Man, you Pennsylvania people are tough.:) This is a wall I did by Culver Military Academy on Lake Maxinkukee. They had an existing railroad tie wall that was totally shot. They absolutely wanted to go with a timber wall again. There was no talking them out of it. I too like the look of stone over timbers. However, a timber wall looks great in the "right" location. This wall will last well over 10-15year!:hammerhead: This is all pressure treated 6 x's and if you use them, then you know they are a hell of material for a wall. I have a deadman in on the third tier for support. The entire right side of that wall is tied in(12" spikes) from the first tier on up. Very solid. Matter of fact , over the fall last year I was down that way and took a look at...still holding...5years now I believe....as it should. :usflag:

7. PAPS Landscape Design

PAPS Landscape Design LawnSite Member
    from us

Wall looks pretty good to me..

8. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Good Job realy cleaned it up from the before pic.

9. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

Someone here just said the wall looked straight???? In what pic did you get the right view to see if it's straight or not:hammerhead: :laugh: . Just kidding with you...I agree with Chris..looks like you could use some more deadman in those creatures

10. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that the new galvanized lumber that don't rust?