retaining wall production rates?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by alldayrj, Feb 7, 2014.

1. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

I like buying from the dealers on small jobs and residential jobs better. The dealer and the factory sell me product at trade pricing so it costs the same at the dealer as it does at the factory but the dealer will deliver it for free. If we are doing commercial jobs the factory will sell it to me at dealer price.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

ohio sure is weird! :laugh:

3. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

The manufacturers dont want landscapers coming to there yards to pick up 1-10 pallets at a time and i dont want to sit and wait behind semis for hours so its easier faster and cheaper to buy from a dealer. Unilock sets up trade pricing every year and it is the same price at the dealer or at unilock and my dealer offers free shipping so it works out great, i place an order and it shows up on site for the same price i can pick it up for at unilock. But if we sell a big commercial job unilock will cut out the dealer and sell to us at dealer price. Sounds more complicated than it is but it saves us time and money. And its not just how they do it in ohio, my local unilock factory supplies multiple states.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. DVS Hardscaper

hence the smiley face in my post....I'm just messin with you!

5. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

How long would it take The One They Call Devious to do this wall?

6. Mr. Midwest

Mr. Midwest LawnSite Member

Allan block does not manufacture their products. They license their manufacturing.

7. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

Rj,
    Was it spec'd to have 14 drains poping through the front of wall ?
    Steve

8. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Yea its crazy, all hard pipe.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. DVS Hardscaper

couldn't tell you.

all the specs are lumped into one paragragh. I have a short attention span and I bore quickly and don't have the patience to wade through all that sentence by sentence. Bulleted sentences work better for me.

Kinda getting busy here too, don't really have time to do a mock estimate.

sorry 'ol buddy!!

:drinkup:

10. DVS Hardscaper

LOL I was gonna type the same thing!

Folks - in terms of SWR block, the manufacturers buy the license to produce the block. And ontop of that the manufacturers pay a royality, which is usually per block for each block manufactured.

We have a manufacturer here that makes Keystone, Mesa, Cornerstone and one or two other brands. And each brand has it'splace in the market, they all have different benefits, so fitting a block to the job at hand with as much ease as possible is never an issue.