Retaining wall question

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Bleed Green, Nov 15, 2011.

1. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

If that is a dump I'd like to see what you call a nice home.

2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Sod it in at least to the drop. It does slope off pretty quick in line with the trellis. While we are discussing the trellis, I'd get rid of that thing. It really doesn't add anything to landscape. Sod would offer the best bet for erosion control which sounds like the homeowner's problem. As far as the grade, you could bring in some fill to make the slope more gentle. I would be more inclinded to suggest that if there were concerns about space and usuability. That doesn't appear to be an issue here.

if you really wanted to, you could have a 15 or 20 wide area next to the water filled in with river rock

3. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

take away the barren areas of the yard and replace it with sod and plants to stop the wash out, honestly if you couldn't figure that out maybe you shouldn't be the one working on this project

4. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  5. Bleed Green

Sodding the area with pine needles has been my plan all along.

6. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Not a very good way to speak to a lawnsite bronze member. You're insuburbanate.

7. DVS Hardscaper

Vegetation (grass, weeds, ground cover) is what prevents erosion. And slows down run off.

This is how mother nature prevents run off.

or you could do the world renowned 'Fish Tank Approach'. And just put down landscape gravel all over the place.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  8. Bleed Green

I was thinking about a dry creek possibly where the run off mainly occurs DVS. And of course sodding the pine needle area.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Don't even mess with the dry creek bed there. Ground cover is the best option.

10. DVS Hardscaper

no dry stream bed is needed. There is nothin drastic going on there,

even grass seed back in September would have sufficed, when it was still warm enough to germinate.