Retaining Wall Quote Need HELP

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by GreaterMilwLawnscape, Jun 24, 2003.

1. GreaterMilwLawnscape

GreaterMilwLawnscape LawnSite Member

Landscapers,

I need your help determining a price on the following job, It took a week and a half. I need a resonable price on this so everyone please give me a reasonable quote. Also let me know what you think. Ill show you before and after pics. Thank You

henrys.jpg

2. GreaterMilwLawnscape

Before (Obviously) or what was i thinking????????

henryb4.jpg

3. GreaterMilwLawnscape

Another pic

henrys 8.jpg

4. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good. How do you get jobs before you give the customer a bid prior to starting? If it took almost 8 days to complete you should profit about $6600.00.

5. GreaterMilwLawnscape

They are my wonderful neighbors!!!!!!!!!

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I usually bid at $12.00 a block for Keystone. More with the top cap and your wall is more technical then the average. That may give you a place to start. A week and half is a lot of time to account for. how many labor hours are in it?

7. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Around 8 grand without knowing all of the details?

So we heard around $12.00\block, 6 grand, & my guess of 8 grand. Are you actually saying you did a 6-8 thousand dollar install without the customer having any idea what you were going to charge them??? Or, without you having any idea what you were going to charge them??? :confused: :dizzy: I'm amazed. I wouldn't have the guts to do that. My first paver job was for my best friend and I basically gave him a good labor rate because I knew I wouldn't be as fast as others & because I needed to get that experience. I gave him the material costs & a decent estimate of how long it should take me so he at least had an idea. I couldn't imagine doing a job like this without giving them at least an idea of what they might be shelling out. BTW, Great job on the wall! Looks nice.