Retaining wall with possible fence built?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by meets1, Nov 9, 2013.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

You wrote as if we have never installed a fence next to a wall?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  2. DVS Hardscaper

Not exactly true. We use sonotube.

3. clipfert

clipfert LawnSite Member

Next time don't offer foolish advice.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. DVS Hardscaper

I didn't exactly offer advice. As with nearly all my posts, I more or less shared what we do. And do successfully.

I don't care what others do. It's not my precious profit. It's theirs.

We have probably build more residential retaining walls than most actively participating here. And I type that confidently. With fences. And not one single godly costly mechanism used.

You offered advice.

But I do love haters :weightlifter:

Some people need to use tape when painting. Some can paint without taping. So I'm sure the godly costly mechanisms do have a place in the market. May be a good option for those that need it.

5. clipfert

clipfert LawnSite Member

Please explain how YOU dig a post hole by hand in the clean stone behind a wall.
    I didn't't see it in your training manual. Congratulating on the endless number of walls and patios you have under your belt.

6. DVS Hardscaper

I don't think I have ever dug a posthole in my life. But that may change as I am planning to put some fencing in here at Hardscape Headquarters.

It's not complicated my friend. If you would like to have an adult conversation you may call me during the day, leave a message if I don't answer, and I will explain and we can discuss and share. And we can talk about how close a compactor is operated to a wall. (240) 674-4664.

7. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use 6" drain pipe, one pipe can be cut into 3 pieces. Install the pipe before you back fill. Pretty simple..and cheap.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. DVS Hardscaper

You're a smart man :drinkup:

9. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I agree 100% with DVS, we have done many by just digging a regular hole, actually our fence contractor digs the hole. Like I stated in my earlier post, I have used sleeve it a number of times, but that has been when either the fence contractor sold it to the customer or it was speced by either an engineer or architect
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Ya I'm with DVS on this aswell easy call...
    Posted via Mobile Device