1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

retention + hiring military vets

Discussion in 'Employment' started by americanlawn, Feb 2, 2014.

1. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ooh Rah Grassmonkey!

I somewhat disagree with your post about hiring or not hiring based on discharge and EAS rank. I think it would depend on how long a person has been out. A lot of guys are young and dumb and making a mistake at 19,20,21 and not being hired for something you did 8,10,12 or more years ago is wrong in my opinion if you are referring to anyone that didn't make rank or got a discharge beside honorable. Now if it was a dishonorable or a felony conviction or the vet is still young, just got out and didn't make rank or had several NJP's like you stated, and it just recently happened, then yeah, I would agree with you.

Maybe you weren't referring to forever and just were referencing a guy that just recently got out and is still young.
  2. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MD/NC

I think after a certain amount of years out, we've all been converted back to a "nasty civilian". I know I have...and I love it! Semper Fi :drinkup:
  3. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

Fat and nasty!! Good to talk with another devil dog on here.
    Posted via Mobile Device