1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Retention Pond bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Qdriver, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Qdriver

Qdriver LawnSite Member

I have a potential job that entails cleaning up an RP for a commercial owner who's tenant is moving out. I will post pics this evening of it but I wanted to get an idea of the best way to do this. I only have a 36" w/b, pole equip. and a 21" push. and ideas on what you all charge for this? Help Please!!:help: :help:

2. Qdriver

Qdriver LawnSite Member

Well,.. the owner said it was a retention pond,....but actually it is just a wild weed overgrown area in front,... of a retention pond......;) in back of a steel building commercial/retail site.

it is 135X40 ft area that needs to be bush hogged....

However,.. there is a lot of debris (three stacks of wooden pallets out in the weather for two years) bordering the area needing cleared. The owner SAYS it is the tenant that will remove the debris. They are supposed to be out by the week end. I have a feeling they will bolt and leave the debris. So will have a price ready for that as well....

how would you all bid this?

mvc-008f.jpg

3. Qdriver

Qdriver LawnSite Member

This is the next pic just to the right (atop a pallat stack)

mvc-009f.jpg

4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I would go to a rental center n rent a bush hog wb .... cut it down n charge $600 with trash to $400 cleared .... long as that is all the area needed in the photo ...

5. Qdriver

Qdriver LawnSite Member

Next pic just to the right again

mvc-010f.jpg

6. Qdriver

Qdriver LawnSite Member

Fantasy,

ya mean $400 for just clearing and $600 for clearing AND trash???

7. Qdriver

Qdriver LawnSite Member

There were some laborers there this morning. So,.. I guess they will clean up the debris... we'll have to wait to be sure though.....

8. Qdriver

Qdriver LawnSite Member

Any advise on bids at all??????:confused:

9. Qdriver

Qdriver LawnSite Member

Went buy at 7pm today,.. debris still there...;)

10. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Whatever you do, please, please don't put a nice mower on that crap, especially not anything you want to deliver a quality cut again. I second Fantasy Lawns advice. Rent a Billygoat or something. Also, watch out for snakes. They love old wood like that.