1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by turfscape, Feb 12, 2007.

1. turfscape

turfscape LawnSite Member

I was just wondering about how many of you have retirement funds and if you do how did you set it up. A buddy and me were talking about it today and it got me started thinking about it. Thanks alot.
  2. BBN

BBN LawnSite Member

There are many retirement unds through places like Vanguard or T. Rowe Price that can get you going. Many comapnies have many good funds. For instance I have a Roth IRA through T Rowe Price. What I did was went on T Rowe Price's website and requested the paperwork to get started. I filled out the info and sent them a voided check to set up automatic withdrawal. Twice a month they take $166 out of my account and I never see it which is great. Other companies do this too. You just have to decide what funds you want your investments in. So basically I have my work's pension and I do a 457 tax deferred plan through work and then the I have the Roth. Never hurts to have many eggs incubating. :)