return envelopes with the invoice.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Jan 12, 2007.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

I WAS thinking about providing return envelopes this season along with the invoice.
    how many of you do it and any down falls in doing so?

2. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

No down fall but the price, buy them in bulk and it will not cost very much. I think we got like 2000 for about 160 something I'm pretty sure. Check size, black ink only. Alot quicker w/ AR, helps with cash flow, some people have them back 2 days from when they get mailed out.

3. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I hear you get paid a little quicker .
    I would think too many envelopes would get lost , with invoice .
    I dare not chance

4. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Always send invoices with a return envelope, it's just the pro. way to do it. When I get bills, they always have return envelopes.

5. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

I send them out with a sticker with my address already on it. All they have to do is put the check in, stamp and send it. Most everyone uses them.

6. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I found many people paid quicker when I added them. Gives them 1 less excuse for why they havn't sent it out:clapping: Now, for the rest of the 99 excuses left......:cry:

7. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

If you have them printed up in bulk the cost is a few cents per envelope, I have mine printed with my logo along with return address. its just another piece of the puzzle to look professional.

8. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Always,i send out a return envelope all they do is put in a check stamp it and lick it.

9. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I was thinking me meant , leaving a envelope with invoice at home job site .
    Sorry

Yes , it's a good idea to send one with invouce

10. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

An old guy that had an insurance company told me customers would pay quicker if the bill had a return envelope with it. I started putting them in with the bills, and people DEFINATELY paid quicker, and all the checks got to the right place. I just buy a bunch of 3x6 envelopes, print out my address on them, Add some lines up in the left corner for their return address and a little spot on the upper right corner I put "place stamp here". They still use their own stamp, but I always get paid quicker now.