Return Envelopes?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by deere615, Mar 29, 2011.

1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Always something that I thought about doing and want to get your take on it. I mean all my bills credit cards, loans, etc all come with a return mailing envelope. Do you guys send a return envelope with all your bills? I obviously wouldn't put postage on them that would get a bit costly.

My bills are setup with a tear-off portion to return on the bottom (I buy special perforated paper for my bills), they would just need fixed a bit to get addresses to show through the envelopes.
    Who does it? Is it worth doing?

2. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes I do include a return envelope with my invoices. On another note what program do you use for your invoices? I currently use quickbooks premier and would like to use perforated paper with a portion to be returned to me like you currently do.

3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Some of my slow payers get a return envelope already addressed, I try to make it easy on them....just put the check in it stamp & mail.

4. New Leaf Maint

New Leaf Maint LawnSite Member

I also send an invoice with a tear off return tab at the bottom. I also send a return envelope with my invoices that's not stamped. Not one with a window like your talking about but one that has my address pre printed on it with a place to write there return address. There are a few clients that I don't send envelopes to as they send payment through some sort of bill pay service or pay their invoice with pre printed checks that they have envelops for.

I send the envelopes because I think that it adds to the professionalism of my company and makes it that much easier for them to pay and me to get paid. Sometime soon I may start to except credit cards and that might change some things to.

5. organiclawncanada

organiclawncanada LawnSite Member

I send or leave a return envelope with all invoices and quotes.

6. Puttinggreens

Puttinggreens LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, pre printed return envelope with our address and logo. It is one more little thing to help with the image of being professional and also get us paid faster.

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I used to , but now it seems more then 1/2 use online bill pay and have no need for it.

8. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

For those with the preprinted envelopes, where are you getting them printed? Looking for small ones we can include with our invoices. Smaller than the standard #10 size envelope so that it fits in with our invoice in a a regular size envelope.

9. organiclawncanada

organiclawncanada LawnSite Member

I print my own. I buy #9 envelopes they fit right inside the #10 with an invoice.

10. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I buy perforated paper for my invoices AND send return envelopes to most customers. I know the ones that pay online regularly and they dont get a return envelope. The rest do. order a number 9 envelope and it fits in the double window #10. The invoice is printed so that the customers name and address shows in the bottom window and the company name and return address is in the upper window. Return envelopes are pre-printed.

I would like to go with the envelopes that you can re-use for the return envelope, but I can't find where to get them.