Returned PermaGreen?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DaleL, Jun 25, 2003.

1. DaleL

DaleL LawnSite Member
    from SW Ohio

Just wondering if anyone here has returned their PG for any reason? Why? Well I'm thinking of taking PG up on their 90day/100hour warranty. After having it now a couple months and putting 9.9 hours on it, I've seen what a pain it is to load/secure/unsecure/unload/load/secure...you get the picture! I have a C-30 van with 200 gal tank, spreader and PG with carrier. The problem is this: If I have several lawns that are within a few miles of each other but can only use the PG on 1 or 2, then I have to work around (over actually!) the carrier as well as take the PG off then reload and secure. Or I have to make another trip to the area on a different day when I would ONLY do PG properties. Just takes too much time I find. I can actually push spread within the time it takes to dilly-dally with the PG. Yes, I AM a lot more tired at the end of the day! Sorry for ramblin on but just wondering what some of you have experienced...

DaleL
    PS: I'm only at 1-1/4million sq. ft. at this point but plan to double that (I hope) in a year or so.

2. That sucks, maybe it's a van in the way.;)

I set my truck up so I can use any of the application equipment on it at any time.

3. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Give you 2900.00 sight unseen :)

Receiver hitch for front of van for P G

4. ParkerLawn

ParkerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Definitely the van. Park the van and drive the PG around town and you won't have to load and unload. Only kidding! I also use my truck with my Lesco 200 gallon space saver tank to use if needed and fill my tank on PG. PG is a lifesaver on my large accounts. I had to turn down business before because there was no way I was dragging hose around 5 and 10 acre properties. Now I have these properties and cover them with ease.

5. ParkerLawn

ParkerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Definitely the van. Park the van and drive the PG around town and you won't have to load and unload. Only kidding! I also use my truck with my Lesco 200 gallon space saver tank to use if needed and fill my tank on PG. PG is a lifesaver on my large accounts. I had to turn down business before because there was no way I was dragging hose around 5 and 10 acre properties. Now I have these properties and cover them with ease. :D :D

6. Stripe master

Stripe master LawnSite Member

I see so many things good and bad on the PG spreader/sprayer. I see much more productivitiy out of it. I am wondering why I pulled a hose for so long. I have cut my chemical applications to a 1/4 of the time. I think you should review your situation and if you are going to expand it will be a necessity. Are you not having good results with it? Thanks

7. DaleL

DaleL LawnSite Member
    from SW Ohio

Oh yeah, I haven't got any problem with the results per se it's just the logistics of it.

LGF: I suspect your comment is probably right on the mark. "It's the van that's in the way"!

$2900?!?!? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for the replies and I'll re-think my setup.

DaleL

8. DaleL

DaleL LawnSite Member
    from SW Ohio

That's actually an idea I could live with! I like that, thanks. However, the 'offer' stinks!:)

DaleL

9. I wasn't being sarcastic......

I like the idea of it in front, but it might hinder the cooling effects of the radiator.

The first LCO here I ever saw with a PG has a van.

I can see a problem with using a van and the carry rack trying to use a push spreader a lot.

What about a small trailer for the PG unit, you can also secure the push spreader on it.

10. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Small trailer also good idea .
    I'll up offer to 3100.00 :)