Returning a Demo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by liquidforcedude7, Jun 11, 2005.

1. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

So ive really been thinking hard about teh toro timecutter z that I am currently demo-ing from my neighbor. I think Im gona wait on a Z until I have a partner cause its actually taking me lonoger because I cant do any of the slopes that I can do with my tractor. So im think Im gona get a w/b. My neighbor has just had this mower for about 2 years and really hasnt ever used it and I kinda convinced him to let me use it and let me see if I like it and possibly buying it. He wasnt out trying to sell it. So I kinda ran the sale and, now Ive decided I dont want it so how can I tell him this?? And I cant be like "yeah I dont want this piece of sh!t" but I really wanted it a week ago, cause I really want his yard, he pays 2400 a year for it. $50 and up every time someone from the lco touches it. I could probably do it for 45 each time and I wont charge as much in january as I do in june like the company he has does.

2. Watkinslawnservice

Watkinslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

#1 why would you want a partner?

#2 Are you just talking about slopes in your own yard? If so, do you have any other yards to cut? If so, do they all have these slopes?

#3 Have you demoed a walk behind? I find it MORE difficult to use a walk behind on certain slopes. Especially when it is wet.

#4 If you don't find a z turn to be WAY faster than a tractor or walk behind, you must be doing something wrong.

If I were you I woul try it for a little while longer and see if you get more used to it.

3. liquidforcedude7

from america

#1 i dont need one and I dont want one I was just saying that id have to do the slopes myselfi couldnt just go super fast on the z and let someone else do the spots I cant

#2 I have slopes in pretty much all my yards all of them means about 8

#3 never used one in my life

#4 It did save a lot of time but in the end I had to come back with a push mower and that added back up to the regular time.

4. liquidforcedude7

from america

O and it a w/b was suggested to me by a friend who has a decent sized LCO. Thats all he runs and all most of the LCOs in my neighborhood use.