reuters: gas prices are to be 17 cents...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Apr 8, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

higher this summer than last summer. I just read it on cnbc. Due to higher crude oil prices, low motor fuel stocks, and record gasoline demand.

what are your thoughts on the rise in prices???

2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't beleive them. Right now gas prices are dropping at least here anyway. I think the price of regular has dropped about .15 per gallon in the past month. I heard that is due to people traveling less. I would think that trend would continue due to the war. Just my opinion. I try not to worry about fuel prices, not much you can do about it.:(

3. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

It is so annoying now filling up my diesel because the majority of the stations I go to (except the truck stops) the pump automatically shuts off at $50. Last summer I could fill it up for around $47 but now that doesn't go quite as far.

4. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

WOAH- 17cents for gas??? :p
    Thats what i thought the thread read cause the topic of it was reuters: gas prices are to be 17 cents. he he WE ONLY WISH :D
    Anyways, I had thought that once the war stops and the summer gas kicks in that the prices should fall some? Up here in Wisconsin we have the reformulated ****, paying like 10cents more than in mid Illinois. Average around here is $1.63.
    Matt

5. tiedeman

from earth

I don't know if its just me, but isn't it strange that the states that are around the great lakes usually have the highest gas prices in the nation??

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Average here is 1.689

We have reformulated gas 'year round.

7. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont care what they say, I"M GOING TO ALASKA!!!!!!!!!

atlantec landscaping logo-small.jpg

8. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

I just heard on the radio today that gas prices are expected to be .10 less by peak summer driving time. :D

9. tiedeman

from earth

I kind of don't believe that information behind oil pricing that much anymore. Because first of all, they say they are going to be higher...ok this understandable because its the summer months..but then you have to also think because of everything going on in Iraq and the fact that Venezula has kind of cooled down that the prices would be much longer than pervious years.

10. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

not sure what's going on with crude really. i know that the local exxon by my house was bought by arabs last year and the price went up immediately and the surrounding stations then raised theirs too. most others have dropped back down now but the exxon is still the highest. i payed 1.38 for 87 oct. at kroger (some of our supermarkets have gas islands) today.