1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

revenge... at last....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Brianslawn, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

original ahole to rip me off just paid up (from 3 years ago). something about sherrifs dept gettin ready to load up all his stuff made him want to fork over some cash... almost tripple what he originally owed. lot of late and legal fees.

now that new partner is former county.... no more BS. as for bobbys theft of service criminal charge.... law applies here too.

time to start huntin them down!
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

former county? like in former county cop?

is your new partner like the EX-POLICE on the old SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE sketch?

played by DAN AYKROYD and BILL MURRAY, they bust into peoples homes suspecting some innocuous petty crime and yell EX-POLICE as they flip open their badge wallets...but the wallets are empty...there is no badge.

really funny stuff. you guys should check out the older SNL episodes.

GEO :laugh: :waving:
  3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

well brian, according to geo, you're not allowed to file a criminal complaint of theft, for mowing services. according to geo, i never did it.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Filing a complaint is one thing...."sherrif department getting ready to load up all his stuff"? Come on......What stuff were they getting ready to "load up"? How long did it take to get the court order? Did this all take place since you hired this "ex-county"?
  5. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

got a court order over winter finally on it. writ of execution i think its called. sherriffs can go and seize certain property, vehicles, etc and sell at sherriffs aution to raise money for debt owed and legal fees. you have to do a few other things first. this is like the last step in the legal process.

hes kind of goofy at times, but no dan... geo.

hes partner with me on fence company we started. really good guy. he tells more cop jokes than me! hes been off the force for a couple years now doing some side bizs. he claims bobbys theft of service complaint is valid. just got to be persistent enough with them. i aint tried it yet.
  6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

How do you prove to the police that they intended on stealing your services? All they have to say is you didnt do the work you said you would, or they werent happy with the service, then its a civil matter.
  7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

not really scott. i had one fool try that, "well, i was unhappy with the service'" nonsense. to that i replied, "your honor, if he was so unhappy with the service, why did he allow me to come back to his property EIGHT TIMES in less than a 60 day period? i believe whole heartedly that mr smith intended on stealing my service based on the fact that he had no complaints during the duration of the service, and in fact asked for additional services above the standard maintenence we provided, which i kept putting off, because i had yet to be paid for the work we already did. to allow me to keep comming back to the property, is proof that he was indeed pleased with the service." you need to have your ducks in a row. u need documentation of service dates, confirmed with a signature by you, and an employee if there was one. you need to document every conversation with the client in reguards to trying to collect. and don't be afraid to "beef it up" a bit
  8. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

Late fees? Nice. In KS we cant charge late fees...
  9. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

what a load of BS...the guy stiffs you and you keep servicing the account?

LIKE EIGHT TIMES..........after he owes you paments???

and as the great bobbygedd you have the guts to bleat about other people and the way they run their business? HAHAHAHHAHA!

you are always good for a gut laugh bob.

GEO :laugh: