Reverse advertising...?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Woody82986, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I was sitting here looking out the window as it rained and a question popped into my head. Has anyone ever tried or dealt with local businesses wanting to put advertising on your trailer. Our trailers get seen by not only the residents in the areas of the lawns we are servicing but by people driving by as well. Cowboys around here have sponsors who pay to put their ads on the sides of their horse trailers. I was just wondering if anyone had ever seen this being done or had done it themselves. I am not thinking about doing this personally, but I just wanted to know how it worked ir if it worked.

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Woody82986,

That is a great idea. We have seen this come up in the past here. One of the issues that was brought up was that it had the possibilty of confusing people. Another thing to consider is that this is very valuable advertising space for you.

3. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I had thought of the confusing aspect of it all as well. I wasn't considering doing it, but I was curious to see if anyone had tried it before. I currently do not run any signs on my trailer but I will be putting one on the tailgate next month. I too believe that the trailer is premium ad space.

4. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

We could treat our trucks and trailers like NASCAR.

There could be the "TIDE" lawn care company

The "PENZOIL" lawn crew.

Hey, how about TAMPAX

5. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

UPDATE

Yesterday while I was out and about, I saw a lawn company with Toro and Stihl advertising on the side of the truck. This looked like a nice company vehicle too. I need to call the guy and get the details. I wonder if they are paying him for that and how much.

More later.

6. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

I emailed gatoraid about that, their reply was that they couldn't possibly advertise everything that people use gatoraid for.

You would think that some compaines would be interested in shirts, hats, coolers or anything to promote their company as well as our own, I guess we are not considered as valued advertising.

7. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

One of the police departments here in Nebraska, recieved a couple free cruisers if they would allow the advertising agency cover the car with advertising. Might need to go to a local ad agency instead of the manufacturer direct.

8. Steve9

Steve9 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Trojan: To protect and serve

9. amw

amw LawnSite Senior Member

If i were going to do this i would look for other small biz owners with companys who complament your own, and basicly trade advertising, you put small ad for them on your trailer, they a small ad on their truck or trailer for you.

just make sure its a reputable (sp?) company, and have a no compete contract with them.

JMO