reverse on a pro slide ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nekos, Aug 2, 2004.

1. nekos

nekos LawnSite Member
    from chicago

hehe simple enough question...can you reverse on a Pro slide ?

also would a 15 hp Kawasaki pull a pro slide ?

2. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

yes the 15 kawi would pull it depends on how much weight tho and no you just step off and it retracts and then you go foward and step back on

3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

My 15hp kohler pulls my fat butt around just fine.

No reverse, but step off and you can go back just fine.

4. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

I weigh 275, will it work for me?

5. nekos

nekos LawnSite Member
    from chicago

thx guys
    i was just worried about it pulling me even though I'm a twig . 6,1 165 :)

i don't want to turn this into a sulky vs pro slide debate . but on a 36 hydro would you even use a pro slide or just go with a sulky ? or < gasp > walk ?

i have never used either and have only played around with a friends commercial mowers so I'm clueless. :eek:

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I use a proslide on my 36" Exmark TTHP. I need to install weights on the front to prevent popping wheelies, but it's not a huge problem. Check them out on Ebay..I think I only gave around $120 for mine.

7. rockhouse

rockhouse LawnSite Member

I've got the same setup on my TTHP. It yanks me all over the yard. I had a Toro 37 recycler W/belt drive & the results were somewhat lacking in the yank dept. That's why I got the Exmark.

If you back up while on the proslide it will start to retract - in a bad way. It will rotate the gas cylinder anchor to a position that requires some thinking to get it back.

ps I weigh 200lb.

pps You can do a ZTR turn while on the proslide if you put your weight on the leg of the forward turning wheel. It relieves the pressure on the back of the proslide on the side that is going backward. I think I just confused myself.

8. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

Like they say you can't reverse...But, a plus for the pro-slide, it's always mounted - no wheels to put on and take off, which is a huge plus to me. Also, it is perhaps the best striping tool of all!
    Your entire weight bending the grass, far better than chains or rubber or anything else. Also cheaper than wheels.
    15 HP + 165 lbs. should not be a problem. I get around w/12.5 and I am about 160.