Review: Fastrap

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grits, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I had ordered a set of Fastraps a couple weeks ago. I finally got a chance today to mount them on the trailer. I mounted them so I could use them on my mower and 4 wheeler. I wasn't too sure if I would like them or not, and I still haven't used them doing a route and having to take the mower on and off throughout the day. But after mounting them on the trailer and testing them out on both my WB and 4 wheeler, I think I am going to like them a lot. Once you get used to them, they are easy to get on and off. They hold the equipment super tight. There is no way that whatever they are holding down is going to go anywhere. As of now, I highly recommend them. I ordered them from Landscaper Pro, a sponsor of this site.

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

They are a permanent mount thing right? I want some, but I move my mowers around depending on the day & what's next.

3. TN Property Services

TN Property Services LawnSite Member

Semi-permanent. They screw to the floor with 6 screws per chock so moving around would be a pain and time consuming.

Grits - I was unsure when I first put mine on, seemed to take a couple of stops to get the adjustment dialed in, but once you do, all you have to after that is loosen the tension and slide the strap off the side of the wheel and it super fast. You WILL like them.

4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Yeah, pretty much permanent. That reminds me; I forgot to check to see if my other WB will fit where it usually goes!!!:hammerhead:
    Chances are it won't. Oh well, I'll just have to move them a little. Dammit!
    :hammerhead:

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I've been saying for years that these things are the greatest.

They are literally the only way to truely keep zero turn equipment still on a trailer.

Said it before and I'll say it again... one of the best investments I have ever made.

On a side note, I lace the chocks to put the binder exactly where I want it for easy access.

Then once I lace the binder, I never unlace it.
    I just loosen the binder and slide it far enough to slip the strap off the tire.
    I just slip it off the tire and lay the loop down on the trailer floor.
    When I reload, I just drive back into the chocks, slip the loop over the tires and bind tight.

6. ltw77

ltw77 LawnSite Member

I picked up a set from northern for my Q36. Absolutely love them!

7. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Like mine as well. Can't imagine not having them.

8. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Are they similar to prolockers and whats the price on fasttraps

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Better than Prolockers (wouldn't own them) and a lot cheaper.

They are what? $25 or so a piece?

You need two per machine.

10. wall

wall LawnSite Member

I have a set for my ZTR and I did not like them until I cut their buckle off and added a racket style. About $6 each at Tractor supply for me it works great.