Review my service agreement

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stevenf, Feb 25, 2008.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Starting to get calls about doorhangers so I decided to finish up on my service agreement. Tell me what you would change if anything.

Turf Trimmers
    Steven ******
    (***) ***-0158
    Customer Name: ____________________
    Billing Address: ____________¬¬¬¬_________

Service Agreement

Lawn service is to be provided on scheduled day from March 15th 2008 thru March 2009 for a total of 36 visits. In the event of faulty equipment or inclement weather the services provided will be scheduled for the next available day. Lawn service will include mowing all turf areas, trimming all turf areas inaccessible to mower with a line trimmer, edging all walkways and driveways, and blowing all resulting clippings with a power blower. The cost for this service will be $______ per week. This agreement shall commence on __________and continue thereafter as long as both parties are satisfied. Customers will be placed on a monthly billing cycle. All invoices will be mailed at the end of each month. If payment is not received by the due date, a 10% late fee will be charged for every 7 days that payment is late.

Notes to Service Agreement
    Additional service may be provided as needed at customer request.

If you are not satisfied with the level of service you are being provided please notify Turf Trimmers immediately so that we can correct this in a timely manner. Turf Trimmers Landscape Management strives to complete work in a respectable manner each and every visit.

By signing below, you (the customer) are agreeing to the above terms

Date: _________ Signature: _______________

2. stevenf

Should I put March 2009 or should I just put starting on March 15th 2008 with 36 yearly visits?

3. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Your "Notes to Service Agreement" should be reserved for a separate written warranty. Your SA is your contract, and needs to remain a lean legal document without all the extra advertising/warranty jargon. The simpler your contract, the more professional and less intimidating you shall be.

4. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

In the event of faulty equipment or inclement weather the services provided will be scheduled for the next available day.

it reads good but i don't like the word day... if i were the customer and you didn't show up on monday.. i would expect you on tuesday...

change Day to Date in case you lose a mower or truck for more then a day or two..

5. TREEGUARD

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with barefeet about that also 10% after every 7 days i think is a bit excessive i would love to get away with that but i was told by a judge when i took someone to court that my 3% after 30 days was illegal.

6. stevenf

So its illigal to charge a late fee? I was planning on 10% if 7 days late but I was giving them 30 days to pay it.

7. stevenf

Steven Fisher
    (225) 975-0158
    Customer Name: ____________________
    Billing Address: ____________¬¬¬¬_________

Service Agreement

Lawn service is to be provided from starting date listed below for a total of 36 yearly visits. In the event of faulty equipment or inclement weather the services provided will be scheduled for the next available date. Lawn service will include mowing all turf areas, trimming all turf areas inaccessible to mower with a line trimmer, edging all walkways and driveways, and blowing all resulting clippings with a power blower. The cost for this service will be $______ per week. This agreement shall commence on __________and continue thereafter as long as both parties are satisfied. Customers will be placed on a monthly billing cycle. All invoices will be mailed at the end of each month. If payment is not received by the due date, a 10% late fee will be charged for every 7 days that payment is late.

Notes to Service Agreement
    Additional service may be provided as needed at customer request.

If you are not satisfied with the level of service you are being provided please notify Turf Trimmers immediately so that we can correct this in a timely manner. Turf Trimmers Landscape Management strives to complete work in a respectable manner each and every visit.

By signing below, you (the customer) are agreeing to the above terms

Date: _________ Signature: _______________

8. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I would keep it simple, I used to say 'lawns are serviced weekly unless weather conditions dictate otherwise' This way you're covering yourself for rain delays. Once you start promising certain days of the week that's when customers start paying attention to what day it is.

9. GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER LawnSite Senior Member

What does it mean that the contract runs as long as "both parties are satisfied?" This just sounds vague. You might want to give it exact dates on the agreement, and set up some kind of provisions for what would terminate the contract i.e. buyout from the other party or something else.

10. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

just a bit off topic, but what type of response have you had so far with your door hangers. I will be putting some out in a few weeks and I am curious about your response so far.