review of Honda Harmony II 21" mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by griffy77, Apr 17, 2005.

1. griffy77

griffy77 LawnSite Member

I have owned a Honda Harmony II HRR216 for the past year. This is my review.
    On a 1 through 5 scale 5 being the best.

Overall: 4
    Mower performance: 5
    One of the best engines, starts on the first pull even on a cold morning. No maintenance needed yet and have logged over 300 hours.
    Handling: 5 Very light weight and easy to maneuver.
    belts, tires, cables etc.: 3 Cable has broken and tires ware down soon. belts have held up though.
    Durability: 5 I have beat the crap out of this mower and keeps running, made of aluminum alloy that is strong and light weight.
    Quality of cut: 5 The double blade mulches the grass up very fine and leaves a manicured lawn.
    Price: 4 It runs around $400 at Home Depot.

Overall this has been the best 21" mower I have used, and I have gone through alot, evened owned a $1000 John Deere 21" mower. I would highly recommend this mower to anyone looking for a good 21" mower. Honda seems to have gotten it right with this mower hopefully they will not change it. I hope this helps anyone that is looking to buy a 21" mower but doesnt know which one to choose.
  2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Homeowner Unit...Please Post in the Homeowner Section & Report Back When you Own an HRC.

3. Tom-N-Texas

Tom-N-Texas LawnSite Senior Member

You might want to post how much you've used this mower. How many yards a day does it cut? How many per week?
  4. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Why must you but commercial unit?

We never bought a commercial push mower in all my season of mowing. The units only came off the truck 3-4x's a week, tops. With proper maintenance these $400-500 units lasted us years!!! Why drop a $1000.00 + for something you rarely use when you can get the same performance from a unit at 1/2 the price?
  5. LawnSite Senior Member

Cause some of us use it more then 3 or 4 times a week.
  6. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

There should be a category just for this type equipment. That would include the weedeater evaluation I saw last week....[the one on wheels.] ;) No wait, that category already exist, it's called the homeowners assistance forum....
    not commercial lawn maintence....just my 2 cents.

I should of told these lads about lawnsite, however, I didn't want to suffer the consequences of reading more expert evaluations....we have enough already...!

lawnboys 001 (Medium).jpg
  7. griffy77

griffy77 LawnSite Member

Like I said in the review I put over 300 hours on it in the past year. There are alot of guys who do mostly residential and have to use a pushmower. I didnt see the homeowners forum. I just remember when i was starting out I wanted people who have used equipment that I was looking to buy to give honest opions of their equipment. I feel because Honda is not "comercial" equipment whatever defines "comercial" that my post doesnt belong here. I just trying to help.

Whats HRC?
  8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

That's the model of Honda's true Commercial 21" mower. Around $1000-$1200 depending on your area. I have a couple of them myself.
  9. Steve9

Steve9 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

It is a great mower and cuts excellent. My only complaint is that its slow as molasses!! I should have paid more for the 3 speed.