Review this flyer!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by teamoneoutdoors, Feb 1, 2007.

1. teamoneoutdoors

teamoneoutdoors LawnSite Member

Hey guys! What do you think about this flyer? It is about time to reprint and I would love to have some of the experienced guys give me some feedback. Thanks.

Todd

Attached Files:

2. BTLS

BTLS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Hey Todd
    I like that it's very well worded...my only criticism is that it looks more like lawn equimpent ad than a lawn service ad. You might consider putting photos of your work (lawns) wherever you can and if you have to, put photos of your gear (smaller photos) at the bottom. Personally, I'm impressed by the gear you use but I don't know that any homeowners will jump to call you based on those photos you currently have in the ad. If you have a perfectly manicured lawn photo however, that might induce people to call. Just my thoughts. Otherwise, it looks fantastic. It's going to be pricey to print! Good luck! Ben

3. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i agree....

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wording wise, I have read it....read it over again thinking of any changes or adjustments that could be changed,... and it all comes down to the same thing....I wouldn't change a thing. It is very well thought out and written. While the equipment photos do seem a bit abstract, they get a point across. It WOULD be nice to see a beautiful lawn and/or landscape, though. If you're going with full color anyway, you're really selling yourself short without a nice striped lawn and some nice annual color in front. Even a nice stock photo would work if it was the right one.

5. teamoneoutdoors

teamoneoutdoors LawnSite Member

Thanks guys. Since we are selling a new service, reel mowing to the warm season turf owners, do you think it was be good to leave the reel mower and replace our tractor picture with a turf picture? We don't have any "action" shots with the reel mower because we just got them over the winter.

Thanks for the input!

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Actually, the tractor shot IS unnecessary, as you already explain it in the wording. Though it is an impressive piece of machinery to you and I, it isn't really going to matter to a customer. As I said though - some real nice "finished product" pics would get people thinking "yeah......."

7. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

See your services -- not your equipment. Sell the benefits of using reel mower -- not the machine that does it.

8. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

great job & great wording but as stated, swap the pictures with ones that the customer can identify with & be wowed by.