reviews on the ferris IS5000 33hp cat diesel

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greenleaf Property MGT, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Greenleaf Property MGT

Greenleaf Property MGT LawnSite Member

looking at picking one of these up based on the suspension for the most part, I have only ever used toro zero turns so looking for feedback from owners.
    How accurate is the .8 gal/hr fuel consumption???:confused:

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

If you are getting a 61 then look at the 2500 save some cash
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Greenleaf Property MGT

Greenleaf Property MGT LawnSite Member

thanks for the heads up but i do need the 72" deck...............anyone else maybe just some reviews on the suspension and quality of cut on any of Ferris's commercial mowers.

4. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Suspension quality is remarkable and unbelievable. The ICD deck is as good as it gets. I own the 3100 32 briggs and the 2000Z. The 5100 suspension is even better which is hard to imagine but it really is like you re on a four wheeler. Ridiculously comfortable. Nothing compares to the ferris 5100.

5. wardrum

wardrum LawnSite Member

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=364135&highlight=ferris+5100

Best review I have seen on a 5100. Convinced me to buy one late last fall. The 5100 is a brute and the ride is everything I expected but I haven't used it enough yet to determine fuel consumption.... :)

6. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

If you need the 72 then yes get one. I might need to buy one based on a bid. Ferris is the only mowers we will buy now.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. grass4633

grass4633 LawnSite Member

I don't know if any one is looking for a used ferris. But my dealer in town has a 60" with a cat diesel and it has only 400 hours on it. nice machine. They aretrying to get $7,000 for it.....I thought I would pass it along. Thanks